xcAT - Configuration - Yaesu, Kenwood
Below is the current configuration for my FTdx101D.
Clicking READ from enCAT produced the displayed data. (Clicking Load would do the same)
Summary of configuration data fields;
( CAT value is the numeric read from and written back to the radio. It may differ from the OLED display)
- active - Check this to make the encoder active.
- encoder - Encoder number 0 - 7. (Encoders are referenced to connections on the schematic)
- description - Descriptive text. Identifies the encoder in configuration, disc file and OLED display.
- units - Optional units for the OLED display.
- step - The increment (or decrement) to the CAT value (eg: RF power 0 - 100w in steps of 5w)
- max value - The maximum CAT value. ( Keeps EncoderCAT in the radio's CAT range)
- min value - The minimum CAT value. ( Keeps EncoderCAT in the radio's CAT range)
- read chars - The number of chars transmitted when requesting the CAT value from the radio.
- ans chars - The number of characters received in a CAT value response from the radio.
- set chars - The number of characters transmitted when sending a CAT value to the radio.
- mult - Mult and div default to 1 but can be used to scale the OLED displayed value.
- div - the displayed value is: (CAT value x mult) / div (Only affects the display)
- decp - Number of decimal places. Default = 0. eg: decp = 3 changes 75 to 0.075.
- lookup - If checked, then CAT value is used as a lookup index for the encoder's lookup list.
- read mask - The character pattern of a read request. eg: PC; (no data here) see: masks
- set mask - The character pattern of a set request. eg: PChtu; see: masks
- answer mask - The character pattern for received data following a read request, eg: PChtu;
RS232 parameters: Baudrate, bits/char, stop bits and parity must match the settings on the radio.
Display panel is left unchecked if there is no OLED display.
Display contrast for SSD1306 display drivers has range 0-255.
Title is used to identify the configuration. ( 27 chars max. Lookups have a separate title.)